Business Development Executive/Brand Ambassador
An excellent opportunity to be part of a long established, award winning Scottish SME
Porrelli manufacture and sell luxury Italian style ice cream. We are a family business who has been around for 93 years, we are well established in our market place but looking to grow. Porrelli are present in a number of markets supplying Asda, Sainsbury’s and Aldi, with our Porrelli and Dario brands, we also have a strong presence in the foodservice market supplying many independent restaurants , hotels, café bars and ice cream parlours across the west and central belt of Scotland.
We are looking for an enthusiastic business development executive & brand ambassador for our growing company. One who is self-motivated, and can deliver the organisations growth objectives across Scotland and beyond.
Sales is an important part of the remit, but we believe that you should be able to achieve so much more and be an integral part of our company going forward.
You will work closely and build on the strengths of our current sales will involve account managing and growing relationships with existing food service customers and self generate new business primarily in the central belt of Scotland, although you may be asked to go further afield as we grow.
You will also be the face of Porrelli for many consumers and customers, at trade events and tastings, so you have to be presentable and have a great personality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required in the role
- A minimum of 24 months sales or business development experience is essential preferably in Food and Drink sector.
- Previous field sales experience preferable.
- Previous experience calling on food service /catering establishments an advantage.
- Great personality and relationship management skills.
- A good net-worker and communicator with a must do attitude.
- Be able to self-motivate and generate new business as well as develop sales with existing catering customers.
- You’ll be representing the company, so you need to understand our brand and be able to elicit the brand values to everyone you meet.
- This is a results -focused role and as well as bringing energy to the role you will also have to have good organisational and administrative skills.
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence.
Full Time Position after initial 3 Month Trial period.
Basic Salary £24,000 – £26,000 depending on experience , review at 9 months .
Provide : laptop / tablet , transport and mobile phone.